As you know, Joe Random and I, have been engaged in a long-term disagreement. As our disagreement has gone on for quite some time and has not been resolved, the situation has has begun to affect production and morale in the workplace. After our discussion last week, I have taken it upon myself to create a contract with the intent of resolving our conflict between Joe and me.
I have enclosed a copy of my proposed contract. First, this contract will be beneficial for both Joe Random and I, as well as the other members of our team that have been affected by our disagreement. Second, this contract will finally put an end to our dispute by deciding which days each party will be able to utilize the parking space. Furthermore, the contract will include an incentive clause such as the rewarding of exclusive rights to the parking space for achievements in the workplace, state factors that result in the forfeiture of the parking space, and consequences for over-use of the parking space. By implementing an incentive clause, production will be boosted, and work ethic increased (Woods, n.d.).
The attached proposal is intended to resolve the dispute between myself and Joe Random, while also increasing productivity and morale. After going over the attached proposal, please let me know if there are any revisions you would like to be made. If there are any questions or comments on the proposed contract, please contact me at the number or email address I have provided above. Thank you for taking the extra effort to help to resolve our dispute Sincerely, Trysten Reyes Parking Space Contract This parking space agreement is effective as of March 25, 2018.
In consideration of the mutual understandings made in this agreement and other valuable consideration, the parties hereby agree to the following:
- For the first fifteen days of the month, Party One will have the exclusive right to park in parking space A1. For the remaining days of the month, Party Two will have the exclusive right to park in parking space A1. However, this establishment may be modified based upon the compromises stated below.
- INCENTIVE: The party who is entitled to parking space A1 must claim the parking space before the start of the workday, at 7:30 a.m. After the stated time, either party may park in the parking space on a first-come first-serve basis. This stipulation establishes the importance of punctuality for That Business.
- INCENTIVE: If either Party One or Party Two receives recognition through the company newsletter for their work ethic, the recognized party will receive exclusive rights to parking space A1 for an entire month. This stipulation encourages accomplishing tasks and overall productivity.
- INCENTIVE: If either Party One or Party Two receives negative recognition through a formal warning, or negative performance report, the recognized party will forfeit their rights to parking space A1 for an entire month. This stipulation discourages unprofessional behavior in the workplace and establishes the importance That Business places upon a good work ethic.
- RESTRICTION: The party who is entitled to parking space A1 must remove their vehicles before the locking of the company’s doors. If the entitled party does not remove their car, and subsequently has their car towed, they will be responsible for all fees associated with the tow.
Severability Clause: In case any provision in this Indenture or in any Security or coupon shall be held invalid, illegal or unenforceable, the validity, legality and enforceability of the remaining provisions shall not in any way be affected or impaired thereby (Law Insider, n.d.).
- Law Insider. (N.d.). Severability Clause. Retrieved from https://www.lawinsider.com/clause/severability-clause
- Miller, R.L. (2017). Business ethics. In Business law today. (11th Ed.). Boston, MA: Cengage Learning.
- Woods, D. (N.d.). Incentive Clauses in Contracts. Retrieved from https://www.instituteforsupplymanagement.org/pubs/Proceedings/confproceedingsdetail.cfm?ItemNumber=11210&SSO=1